Because of the public health emergency created by COVID-19, all Utah public higher education institutions will postpone or cancel their Spring 2020 commencement activities.
To protect the health of Utah communities, Governor Gary Herbert and the state’s COVID-19 Community Task Force have recommended limiting the size of group gatherings and to continue practicing social distancing. These changes to Spring 2020 commencement activities are in line with those recommendations.
More information is available on each institution’s website:
- University of Utah: attheu.utah.edu/facultystaff/commencement-postponed-due-to-covid-19/
- Utah State University: usu.edu/today/story/usu-cancels-commencement-ceremonies-amid-coronavirus-pandemic
- Weber State University: weber.edu/WSUToday/031820_CommencementPostponed.html
Southern Utah University: suu.edu/news/2020/03/campus-update-commencement.html
- Snow College: snow.edu/coronavirus
- Dixie State University: dixie.edu/commencement
- Utah Valley University: uvu.info/?m=1
- Salt Lake Community College: slcc.edu/safe/c19.aspx